Snorkel with Seals, Cape Town
Seal snorkeling in Cape Town is a once in a lifetime adventure to snorkel with seals, one of the ocean’s friendliest creatures.
Fantastic morning trip!The conditions are great today. We are expecting another trip this afternoon. In the morning we snorkeled with lots of seals.
COME FOR THE RIDE
Not keen to get in the water but would like to come and watch your friends and family snorkel?
You’re more than welcome to join on the boat.
MORNING + AFTERNOON TRIPS
RENT A GoPro
Capture your experience by renting one of our GoPros!
R300 (sd card inc.)
SNORKEL WITH SEALS (R850 per person)
- All Gear (Mask, snorkel, wetsuit, gloves and booties)
- Hot Drinks and cookies on the boat after the snorkel session
(excludes R200 for Go Pro Rental)
COME FOR THE RIDE (R500 per person)
Not keen on getting into the water but would love to see your friend and family experience this great adventure? You can join us on the boat and be close and observe tour loved ones and the seals.
MORNING + AFTERNOON TRIPS
MON – SAT | 09:00 + 13:00
- Introductions and briefing upon arrival
- Wetsuit fitting and gear check
- Short training session
- Let’s go snorkeling and see the seals!!
- Hot Drink and Snacks on the boat on our way back
NEED TO KNOW
- Age restriction: 18 unless accompanied by an adult
- Not more than 10 passengers on the boat for safety and policy purposes
- Never spotted any sharks. The water is to cold and shallow where we snorkel.
- Water temp varies from 10°C to 16°C
- The trip is weather dependent. Weather assessed on day as activity cannot be performed in dangerous or bad weather.
- Lifejackets provided for boat riders or if needed
- Dress Code: Casual – Beach (You can bring dry clothes for afterwards.)
- Bring your swimwear, towel and sunscreen.
- If you are prone to motion sickness – we recommend you take motion sickness tablets before the trip
- Must sign waiver on arrival
Dive into Cape Town’s cool Atlantic ocean and snorkel with seals off Duiker Island, Hout Bay.
Seal snorkeling in Cape Town , Hout Bay is the perfect place to experience a close encounter with the Cape fur Seal in their natural habitat.
With over 10 000 friendly seals, you are guaranteed to see seals.
Hout Bay (Afrikaans: Houtbaai, meaning “Wood Bay”) Just around the corner from Cape Town central, known for the best fish and chips in Town and some of the best views. Also home to one of the best markets over the weekend.
From here we will go out to Duiker Island, were we will swim with the seals and experience them in their natural habitat.
THE CAPE FUR SEAL
The Cape Fur seal: Weighing in between 100 -300 kg the Cape fur seal (also known as the brown fur seal / African fur seal) is the largest and strongest fur seal.
Even with all that weight and strength they are nimble and very curious in the water. Once you are in the water with them you will understand why are called the puppies of the sea.
Snorkeling: Snorkeling is a great and easy way to observe these curious creators without all the extensive training and complicated equipment required for scuba diving.
We provide you with all the gear that is needed to make sure you enjoy your time out in the ocean as well as a short briefing to make sure you understand how to go about in the water. You will have a safety swimmer with you in the water to assist and guide you to make sure you are safe.
Visit the Cape Town Bucket list website to view more great Cape Town Adventures and knock another one off your bucket list!
Let Cape Town Bucket List take you on a once in a lifetime Cape Town adventure to snorkel with the ocean’s friendliest creatures, the Cape Fur seal.
082 497 8797
Mojos Restaurant, Hout Bay Harbour
Hout Bay Boat Yard
Contact Us, Seal Adventures Cape Town, for more Information
If you have any questions about our services, or would like to get in touch with me, please complete the form below to send me an email.